Tuesday 22 January 2008

Dressing For Pleasure

Take a look at this amazing video from 1977 I just found over at 3xl

I remember watching this on the TV in my bedroom when I was a kid with the volume turned down, ears straining for any sound that my parents were about to walk in (which they frequently did) and my finger hovering over the off-button, ready to switch it off. I most have only been in my early teens (during the early 90s) just as my interest in rubber was awakening and no doubt this film made a big impact on me too.
Seeing it again, I'm amazed at how detailed and informative it was without being judgmental or sensational. Amazing too that this film is older than I am!

4 comments:

rubberfiend said...

OMG that was interesting. It was like watching one of those educational short films your schoolteacher would show you in class. Of course the emphasis was on women--I don't think rubber fetishism was masculinized by the gay community until much more recently, as kinky gay men at the time almost exclusively identified with leather.

-rf

MB said...

Wow! You said this was on TV? BBC - rock on!

Anonymous said...

It's truly fascinating stuff, isn't it? Technical question, though: how did you resize the embedded video to fit neatly onto your blog, Foxzatt? I'd like to link to it too but can't seem to manage it.

Anonymous said...

S'okay, I thiiink I've worked it out now. :)